Here are my Top 5 Tips on how to get started
- Are you a beginner to Family Tree Research?
- Purchase the Family Tree Maker Program by Ancestry.com —This is your organizational software tool and the most user friendly
- Get yourself a big 3 ring binder you will want to put your hard copy print outs in it. Create a File folder on your Computers desktop to put any photos or files you discover
- Start filling in the Family Tree Maker Program with any information that you do know for as far back as you know it. Example-location and estimated dates
- Google, yes…seriously google your grandparents and great grandparents names ….so many libraries are putting collections online…you never know what you’ll discover.
- You’ll need to make the decision if you want to send for (pay for) some record A. Death and Birth records from the State. This can be done online. B. If you know when they died and you don't currently have them in your possession all of their Death Announcements in their local paper. Try Google, or write their local library to see who is housing the collection of old newspapers.
Feel free to ask questions in the comment section below
*Truly sometimes you can find information so fast and furious that you need to get organized…the sole reason for Step 1 and 2.
I'm so excited for you as your start on this journey! You're going to find so many cool things!
CEO The Bombshell Tribe