Monday, August 11, 2014

The Importance of Self Talk ...a lesson learned from Robin Williams passing


Be aware of just how dangerous and fragile you're self talk is, and can be. 


It's those whispers that you say to yourself in quiet, lonely moments. Stuff that I'm sure you would never ever share with even your closest best friend. 

We are all too ashamed to admit how many different times in our lives that we have thought those kind of thoughts like:  

The world will go on without me. I should just cash in my chips. I can't believe I'm this old and faced with having to rebuild my entire life. I have no prospects. I am going to die alone because I can't seem to find a good person to date. This isn't how I thought my life would go. 


Or, and this is a line from one of my favorite movies "Spaceballs",  "Why didn't someone tell me my ass was this big"

As Author J. K. Rowling said, "Rock bottom is the solid foundation in which I rebuilt my life."



Your brain is a computer and you need to start the rebooting/reprograming ASAP. 


Be honest with yourself about what is and what isn't working in your life. 

1. Start with writing down a list of positive affirmations to say every single day. 
2. Create a vision board of what and where you want your life to be a year from now.
3. Mediate and visualize yourself achieving these things daily. 
4. Reverse engineer your priorities and goals to get the how to list on making that happen

It takes courage to be vulnerable. It also takes massive courage to change. 

I recommend several books: 

Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins
Push by Chalene Johnson

You can do this! We all need to do this! Oh, and another thing, Pray...Pray every night for strength and wisdom. Turn your worries over to him, you won't regret it.


It's not just about rehabing your body, it's also about reprogramming your brain and your emotional makeup to become a better version of yourself. 



Oh Captain, My Captain...thank you for the life lesson Mr. Williams. You were my generations Bob Hope. 


Love XXOO,


Amy Amidei

The Bombshell Tribe
Join my Team

It’s not about being the smartest, it’s about making the smartest decision for your life. 
SHARE:
© The Bombshell Tribe. All rights reserved.
A pipdig Blogger Template